12.01.2015

Day 1 of 25 Days of Christmas: WInter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand

Anyone who has read my blog know how much I love the holidays especially Christmas. There is just something about this time of year that makes me believe that anything can happen. I've always thought of this time as magical I know many people hate it but I'm a sucker in believing the good in people. I love the movies, music and especially spending time with family and nothing makes it as special as Christmas. So once again this year I'll be doing my 25 days of Christmas reviews. Most are short which is perfect for those who want to read something Christmasy but don't have the time for full fledged read. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and remember to simply enjoy it!

Winter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand
Published: October 13, 2015
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Format: audio book via Hachette Audio
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
Another Christmas on Nantucket finds Winter Street Inn owner Kelley Quinn reflecting on the past year as he writes a holiday letter to friends and family. Though the year has had its share of misfortune and worry, the Quinn’s have much to celebrate. Kelley, now single, at least is on better terms with his first wife Margaret, who is using her celebrity to lure customers to the inn in record numbers. Their son Kevin has a beautiful new baby, Genevieve, with the Inn's French housekeeper, Isabelle; and their daughter, Ava, is finally dating a nice guy--her devoted colleague, Scott.

Now the Quinn’s are looking forward to celebrating Genevieve's baptism, welcoming Isabelle to the family, and enjoying the cheer of Nantucket's traditional Christmas Stroll. But just when a peaceful family gathering seems within reach, Kelley's estranged second wife, Mitzi, shows up on the island after souring on her relationship with the inn's former Santa Claus. Soon Kelley isn't the only Quinn entertaining a surprise guest from Christmases past as lovers old and new gather beneath the mistletoe. With jealousy, passion, and eggnog consumption at an all-time high, it's going to take a whole lot more than a Christmas miracle to get the Quinn’s--and the inn--through the holidays intact.

My Thoughts
We continue once again with Christmas with the Quinn family and this Christmas they face even bigger challenges like never before. If you like here is my review of Winter Street. Kelley and his wife Mitzi are still separated and feeling the effects of not knowing if their son is dead or alive and still captive overseas. His ex-wife Margaret is falling in love for the first time in years and is coming to terms with that. Their kids are each facing family crisis within their own families. Kevin is dealing with being a new father when his ex comes in waiting to destroy his happy family. Ava is dealing with her feelings and deciding if her feelings for her boyfriend Scott are real or does she still hold deep feelings for her ex who has decided that now he realizes what he lost and is determined to get her back. And their sister in law who is hanging by a thread trying to deal with the fact her husband is in jail and her sons are acting like it’s all her fault.

I have grown to love the Quinn family because their dysfunction is so real. It always seems like the most drama comes out around the holidays but in the end they always know family comes first. They will always band together and never let anyone or anything come between their large family always including ex’s and strangers alike. While they all have their individual problems their strength always is to be there and pray for their son/brother Bart who is missing. I love that Bart is always the undercurrent of the story line yet we have never in the two books actually meet him, I hope there is another book because I would love to hear his story and what he thinks of all that has happened in his absence.

Elin Hilderbrand once again sparkles with this winter tale of family, heartache and redemption. Sometimes we have to weather the storm in order to realize what is most important to us. The Winter series is one that everyone should read it will make you laugh and cry and I know you will fall in love with the Quinn’s just like I did.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one, I liked it better than the first one. I'm looking forward to the last in the trilogy next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree this one was more entertaining for me. I cant wait to read the last one but sad that it will come to an end.

      Delete
  2. I also LOVE reading holiday books in December -- I just binged on six of them over the holiday weekend and I can't wait to add this one to my list! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best!? I love any and everything Xmas related. Happy Holiday reading!

      Delete
  3. I finished Winter Street last week and immediately started Winter Stroll......I fell in love with the Quinn family as well!! Really fast reads and it's going to be a long wait for the last one!

    ReplyDelete