12.11.2015

Day 11 of 25 Days of Christmas: Until January by Mary Whitney

Until January by Mary Whitney
Published: December 17, 2014
Publisher: Posit Publishing
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
I have a happy life—a great career, wonderful friends, and a nice family (for the most part), but parents don’t like to let their single thirty-one year old daughters spend Christmas alone. Apparently, no matter how successful you might be in your career or how independent of a life you may lead, you can’t be trusted alone during the holidays. You might snap Fatal Attraction style and make rabbit stew for your married lover’s Christmas dinner.

But I’m a vegetarian, and I don’t date married men, so my parents have agreed to let me spend this December by myself. I’m even looking forward to it—at least, I was until HLG came back. HLG is short for Hot Lawyer Guy. I know his name, but it’s easier if I think of him as HLG because he’s my unattainable crush. Every woman has a mild obsession they need to kick, and he’s mine. If he would just go away for good, this December would be perfect.

My Thoughts
Until January is a great romantic and funny read that any single girl could totally relate to. Gretchen is single and this Christmas really doesn’t want to go home to her parents questions on finding someone so she decides to stay home for Christmas. She recently has found her neighbor totally irresistible and is crushing on him badly but finds out he has a girlfriend. During a series of meet-ups at odd hours of the day, she knows she has no chance but can't help to daydream. After weeks of not seeing him, he resurfaces and this time minus the girlfriend. Will this be her chance of making something happen or will Gretchen continue to let things slip by the wayside? Once you get to know HLG you will find him just as irresistible as Gretchen does. This is a couple who you will root for and hopefully, by the new year, things will all work out for all. Until January is all about what the New Year can bring and that is the best thing about it right? It’s all about life’s endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment