6.29.2014

Mini Review: Sealed with a Kiss by Rachael Lucas

Sealed with a Kiss by Rachael Lucas 
Published: May 8, 2014
Publisher: Pan
Format: via NetGalley
Rating: 3.5/5

Synopsis
Kate is dumped on her best friend's wedding day by the world's most boring boyfriend, Ian. She's mostly cross because he got in first - until she remembers she's now homeless as well as jobless. Rather than move back home to her ultra-bossy mother, Kate takes a job on the remote Scottish island of Auchenmor as an all-round Girl Friday. Her first day is pretty much a disaster: she falls over, smack bang at the feet of her grouchy new boss, Roddy, Laird of the Island. Unimpressed with her townie ways, he makes it clear she's got a lot to prove.

Island life has no room for secrets, but prickly Roddy's keeping something to himself. When his demanding ex-girlfriend appears back on the island, Kate's budding friendship with her new boss comes to an abrupt end. What is Fiona planning - and can she be stopped before it's too late?

My Thoughts
First off I really enjoyed this book. I had this sitting in my Kindle for a while now and decided to finally read it. It’s a quick and cute read and filled with just enough romance.
I feel like this was a real book that people could identify with, sometimes in romance novels the characters are so out of touch that they don’t feel real…this one isn’t one of them. I also fully enjoyed that this book was set in Scotland; I haven’t read any books set there before so that was a refreshing and interesting thing for me. Anyone can relate to breaking up and starting over again. I loved how she found herself and started a new life and also found some great friends in the process.

This book is for anyone who wants a light and refreshing read. This is definitely one that you could read in one afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I love how rather than depend on others Kate finds herself a job! And Scotland sounds like a great setting! I think this sounds like a really fun summer read, just in between other things! Great review :)
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loved that setting, something different. Very cute read and great for a fun summer read.

      Delete