6.05.2014

Late to the Game [3]: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Late to the Game is a series I do featuring books that everybody and their mommy have read…except me. The thing is 99% of the time I have these books but they have just been pushed back on my TBR pile. This won’t be a review of sorts seeing how everyone already knows the basics of the story but more of what I felt and how it affected me. I’ve dedicated this feature to try to put a dent in my pile and also to see if they live up to the hype…good and/or bad.
 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 
Published: January 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books
Format: purchased copy
Rating 5/5

Synopsis
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

I went into this thinking it was a book about cancer and yes it is but that’s just a sliver of what it’s all about. It’s a book about life and living it to its fullest. It’s about love and if you’re lucky enough to find it then embrace it, relish in it for no matter how long you have it. I would rather have a few moments of wonderful,blissful, earth-shattering love than a lifetime of nothing.


The love between Hazel and Augustus is one for the ages. I have never felt so taken by a book in all my life. It goes between teen romances; it’s just that unstoppable beyond this universe kind of thing. We owe it all to John Green. His words are like magic, he comes up with words and phrases that I couldn’t even fathom. All we all know the movie comes out tomorrow and this is one book to screen read I can’t wait for, from what I can tell it looks so amazing! This is one of those once and a lifetime type of books that will continue to make an impact for decades to come, and I for one am so happy and honored John Green shared it with all of us.

4 comments:

  1. This is a really fun feature! I have so many books just like this - everyone else has already read it, but its just sitting on my TBR piles... great idea! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I always feel like I'm so behind everyone...but these books to movies have made me more than ready. I know I wanna see the movie so there for I'm forced to read the book first.

      Delete
  2. I like this feature too! I had this book for over a year before I read it, and I loved it too. I want to see the movie also...I hear bring tissues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think when i hear so many people loving something there is this fear that it will not live up to the hype. I'm glad this did and more. Yes tons of tissues!

      Delete