8.03.2015

July Monthly Wrap Up

Goodbye July…Hello AUGHust! God this heatwave is just killing us here in Texas. It’s so hot I don’t want to do anything not even read. Yeah I know but its true, I’ve been really lazy while taking my two months semi blog break. I read a few books but mainly I’ve fallen victim to Netflix. Yep I’ve been a couch potato catching up on shows and movies I’ve missed and found some new stuff also. So here’s what I’ve been up to this month.

Read this month
48. Paper Towns by John Green
47. *Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
46. Three Rivers by Tiffany Quay Tyson
45. Kissing Eden by T.A. Foster
44. Loving Eden by T.A. Foster
43. *Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica

*- my super faves = check them out!

Received from publishers [physical books]…
Beach Season by Lisa Jackson [Won via Goodreads]
Fishbowl by Bradley Somer
A Remarkable Kindness by Diana Bletter
The Witch of Bourbon Street by Suzanne Palmieri
Three Rivers by Tiffany Quay Tyson
The Secrets of Lake Road by Karen Katcher
The Best of Enemies by Jen Lancaster
Between the Tides by Susannah Merren
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
Borrowed and Blue by Emily Giffin
Come Rain or Come Shine by Jan Karon
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
No Place to Hide by Susan Lewis
The Last Summer of Chelsea Beach by Pam Jenoff
Rainy Day Sisters by Kate Hewitt
Reading the Sweet Oak by Jan Stites
Chance Harbor by Holly Robinson
Killing Monica [audio book] by Candace Bushnell

Thanks so much to St. Martin’s Press, BookSparks, MIRA, Hachette Audio, Ballantine, Riverhead, Lake Union and NAL. Thanks ya’ll for all the amazing books!

Received via NetGalley/Edelweiss
*A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams
*The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey
I’ll Be Home for Christmas by Lori Wilde

*Super excited for

NetFlix
Friday Night Lights
I finished all the seasons and I LOVED it! Man I cant believe I never watched it before. I loved that it was focused in Texas and highlighted football but I loved the relationships the most I recommend it for anyone!

The League
Another showed focused on football but this one is about fantasy football. This was recommended by my brother and I think its super funny. It reminds me of my family come football season and how we tend to take fantasy football seriously…but in a fun and harmless way.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
I’m still on the fence about this one I’m like halfway through the season and while some shows I find funny I honestly don’t see what the fuss is about.

20 Feet from Stardom
This one is a doc about background singers. This one focuses on some old school singers from the 60’s and a few modern day singers as well. I found this one really amazing and I loved the stories of these amazing singers who just never got that break that many of them deserved.

Jimi All is by My Side
This one was a major disappointment. I love and adore Jimi Hendrix and as a fan I’ve read a lot of books on him but this movie just focused on the year leading up to his death. I wanted more and this one just didn’t delivered.

That’s my month in a nutshell please link me up to yours. I love seeing everything bookish!

2 comments:

  1. Friday night lights is the best! I've watched all the seasons twice now lol my husband refuses to watch it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh...The League is HILARIOUS! We love it! I'm so glad to see a star next to Me Before You; that is one of my faves!! I hope we can survive the next month, Monica; we need some relief from this weather!!

    ReplyDelete