7.29.2014

Mini Review: Boomerang by Noelle August

Boomerang [Boomerang #1] by Noelle August
Published: July 8, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Format: via Edelweiss
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen with its no-fuss, no-commitments matchups, and where work is steamier than any random hook-up

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They’re sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against co-worker dating. And second, they’re now competitors for only one job at the end of summer.

As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?

My Thoughts

Honestly I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to read this. I’m not really a fan of NA novels; first off I don’t like the name NA but whatever. No offense but when I think of NA I think overly sexted reads that are more steamy and about the physical and not about a real story or emotions. Boy was I wrong when it came to this one. I LOVED IT! I thought it was cute and funny. I read it was more of a rom com than NA. I think this is the perfect read when it comes to anyone who is feeling iffy when it comes to reading NA. This book held my focus and is the first in a new series, one I can’t wait to read what comes next. Mia and Ethan are definitely one of my new fave couples out there.

4 comments:

  1. This book looks SO ADORABLE! I personally looove NA books. I mean to the end of the earth. Have you read Easy by Tammara Webber or Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles?? They're kind of perfect :D Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    Jackie @ No Bent Spines

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will is. I will look into these book, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to start this one, I have heard such great things about it. And Veronica Rossi is one of my favorite authors so I am hoping it does not disappoint!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete