7.02.2014

Kids Corner: 13 Hangmen by Art Corriveau

Recently I received a box of kids’ books. The books didn’t go to waste since I have tons of little cousins and a niece and nephew who love to read, they were so happy when I gave them to them. It got me to thinking…why not do a semi regular series on kids lit… Kid’s Corner. I asked my cousin if he wanted to do a mini review for me and he said “sure!”
Here’s the first one…

13 Hangmen by Art Corriveau 
Published: November 5, 2013
Publisher: Amulet Paperbacks
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
Some people won’t believe any of this story. You might be one of them. But every single word is true. Tony DiMarco does catch a murderer, solve a mystery, and find a treasure—all in the first few days he moves, unexpectedly, to 13 Hangman’s Court in Boston. The fact that he also turns thirteen at the same time is not a coincidence.

So begins the story of Tony and his friends—five thirteen-year-old boys, all living in the same house in the same attic bedroom, but at different times in history! None are ghosts, all are flesh and blood, and somehow all have come together in the attic room, visible only to one another. And all are somehow linked to a murder, a mystery, and a treasure.

Jose’s Take:
I really like mysteries and ghost tales so this made me really want to read this book. I liked the whole history parts of the book. The murder mystery part is the best, I like how you don’t know what’s going to happen and that there are a lot of surprises, you never see what’s coming next.

I like how you think maybe it’s one person but then you really don’t know for sure. It’s kind of scary that all this is only happening to boys but it’s a good kind of scary. I also enjoyed the whole baseball part of it. I’m a big baseball fan. Plus the time travel parts in the book is kind of cool too.

This is a good book overall. It’s very interesting and is definitely for anyone who loves history, mysteries and ghost tales even though the boys aren’t really ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment