4.29.2015

WoW [119]

Waiting on Wednesday [WoW] is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

If You’re Lucky by Yvonne Prinz
Expected Publication: October 20, 2015
Publisher: Algonquin BYR

Synopsis
Is Georgia’s mind playing tricks on her, or is the entire town walking into the arms of a killer who has everyone but her fooled?

When seventeen-year-old Georgia’s brother drowns while surfing halfway around the world in Australia, she refuses to believe Lucky’s death was just bad luck. Lucky was smart. He wouldn’t have surfed in waters more dangerous than he could handle. Then a stranger named Fin arrives in False Bay, claiming to have been Lucky’s best friend. Soon Fin is working for Lucky’s father, charming Lucky’s mother, dating his girlfriend. Georgia begins to wonder: did Fin murder Lucky in order to take over his whole life? 

Determined to clear the fog from her mind in order to uncover the truth about Lucky’s death, Georgia secretly stops taking the medication that keeps away the voices in her head. Georgia is certain she’s getting closer and closer to the truth about Fin, but as she does, her mental state becomes more and more precarious, and no one seems to trust what she’s saying.

Why I Can’t Wait
I sense some mystery and the synopsis sounds really good. I’m definitely interested in seeing how this story line plays out.

5 comments:

  1. I am interested too. I can think of several things that might be happening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that have mysterious events in them....and I especially love those with mental health twists, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “BLACK-EYED SUSANS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this sounds amazing. Great summary. Very Mara Dyer-ish. I've added it to my list. New GFC follower. :-)

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great book. The hint of mystery calls to me.

    -What I'm Waiting For

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really interesting! thank you for sharing.

    A nice WoW! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete