1.24.2014

Review: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Published: October 9, 2012
Format: Purchased
Publisher: Hyperion
Challenges: 2014 TBR Pile
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

My Thoughts
I honestly didn’t know if I would “get” this story. I mean it’s a time travelling tale of two people who fall in love. I’ve read and seen it done in a ton of movies. But I went into this with an open mind and considering I’ve heard nothing but good things I figured why not. Well I’m glad I did. I really loved and totally “got” the story of Anna and Bennett. While this story could’ve gone in a weird direction it doesn’t. This has a lot to do with the storytelling of Tamara Stone. She writes this tale and its characters so utterly believable that you can’t help but be drawn in and can’t wait for what’s next.

Anna is just a typical girl who is leading a rather normal life. One day while running she sees this new guy who she can’t stop thinking about. Here enters Bennett who is the new guy, he is shy quiet and has a mysterious aura about him. They eventually end up spending some time together and while Bennett tries to stop the connection he has with Anna it’s bigger than both of them. Bennett decides he owes it Anna to tell his secret, that he can time travel. Although there are restrictions to it she decides to show Anna.
Even though I loved the book and the romance of Anna and Bennett I did find it odd that Anna never really freaked out. I mean seriously if my boyfriend told me he could time travel I would think he was kind of off or at least think I was. I guess sometimes love can make you see things differently.


I’ve always heard that love can stand the test of time, in this instance it’s also distance. I love how it ended with the ideal of hope. Hope that love can exceed all boundaries. I’ve always wanted that kind of love, and I’ll never give up on it. And while many people put these illusions and idealistic hopes on love I know that somethings are bigger than us. Call me a softy or sucker but I definitely buy into that notion, and tales like this one just gives me that extra hope.  

2 comments:

  1. This one has been on my shelf a long time, but I will get to it! I'm always worried that I won't get time travel books either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please get to it when u can. It's really worth it.

    ReplyDelete