1.10.2014

Mini Review: Waking Kate by Sarah Addison Allen

Waking Kate by Sarah Addison Allen
Published: December 3, 2013
Format: free Kindle read
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
From the beloved author of Garden Spells, comes Waking Kate, a story about a woman who soon will face an unforseen change in her life. One sticky summer day as Kate is waiting for her husband to come home from his bicycle shop, she spots her distinguished neighbor returning from his last day of work after eighty-six years at Atlanta’s oldest men’s clothing store. Over a cup of butter coffee, he tells Kate a story of love and heartbreak that makes her remember her past, question her present, and wonder what the future will bring. 

My Thoughts
Who knew a 38 page short story could be so good! The story of Kate and her interaction with her neighbor left me curious and very intrigued. I love his story of lost love and how he knows Kate’s husband, and how I felt there was more to that story. It was if he knew some family secrets or something of that matter.
As he is telling his story Kate is faced to take a look at her relationship and if it’s what she really wants. I can’t wait to read the full story in Sarah Addison Allen’s new book Lost Lake. She gives you just enough to draw you in and tempts you to want it all. This is one awesome preview to a book I can feel is filled with endless possibilities.

Allen sold me with this one short and now I can’t wait to read her past books. She is one writer I can’t help but want to know more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment