10.08.2013

Review: Style Me Sexy[Short Novella] by Tara Chevrestt

Style Me Sexy [Short Novella] by Tara Chevrestt
Published: October 2013
Format: NetGalley
Publisher: Escape Publishing
Rating 2/5

Synopsis
A charming short story about beauty, the beholder, and believing in yourself.

Bridget knows she isn’t beautiful; her ex made that point abundantly clear. So when her online-only romance suddenly leads to a real-life blind date, she beelines to the salon for a makeover. She’s dismayed and embarrassed when her usual stylist isn’t available and the sexy Javier steps in.

Javier has long been aware of the timid but kind woman, and vows to take this opportunity to make her see that she's beautiful on the outside, as well as in. Will he succeed in keeping his own feelings at bay and style her sexy?

My Thoughts
I normally don’t like novellas but since I have so many on my Kindle I figured this past weekend I would finally just read a bunch of them. I really wanted to like this but I just couldn’t, I just couldn’t believe the connection between the two characters.  I liked the whole idea of the online romance meeting thing, but I just felt they were making Bridget into this ugly duckling person which I didn’t buy into. Without giving it away I just felt this novella was quite predictable, no real surprises. It had the making of something great; but just fell kind of flat in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment