10.16.2013

WoW [50]

Waiting on Wednesday [WoW] is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.
This week’s WoW feature is:

The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Expected Publication: July 1, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen

Synopsis...
Girls started vanishing in the fall, and now winter's come to lay a white sheet over the horror. Door County, it seems, is swallowing the young, right into its very dirt. From beneath the house on Water Street, I've watched the danger swell.

The residents know me as the noises in the house at night, the creaking on the stairs. I'm the reflection behind them in the glass, the feeling of fear in the cellar. I'm tied—it seems—to this house, this street, this town.

I'm tied to Maggie and Pauline, though I don't know why. I think it's because death is coming for one of them, or both.

All I know is that the present and the past are piling up, and I am here to dig. I am looking for the things that are buried.

Why I Can’t Wait....
I’ve been getting into a lot of mysteries/thrillers lately. I love a great book that can take you on a journey that you never see coming. I think this one is one of those.

What are you waiting on? Please link me up to yours. I’d love to see your picks!

9 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting :) Nice pick.
    My WoW .

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. new to me and sounds so intense. Adding to my TBR thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me, will check it out!
    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds spooky...and unputdownable! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by the synopsis. It's mysterious and doesn't give too much away!

    Also, love the name of your blog. :D

    -Jess

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOKS good....LOVE the cover.

    ENJOY!!!

    Love your side panels too.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My W...W...W...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this one sounds really intriguing. Narrated by a ghost or something? I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete