10.18.2013

Holiday Reads: Starry Night by Debbie Macomber

I know it’s a tad too early for anything Christmas, but what can I say…I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! Yep, I’m one of those freaks who just loves any and everything that comes with the season. While others get sad, mad or just plain grumpy I’m the total opposite. I just come alive during this time of year, which is kind of strange since I live in Texas and it hardly gets cold this far south. However maybe that’s why I love it so much, anything beats 100+ degrees!

So from now until Christmas I will be posting reviews under the offering: HOLIDAY READS. Some are new some are old but all give you options to settle down and snuggle under a warm blanket with a hot drink and enjoy some magical holiday reads.

Starry Night: A Christmas Novel by Debbie Macomber
Published: October 15, 2013
Format: E-Arc via NetGalley
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
Carrie Slayton, a big-city society-page columnist, longs to write more serious news stories. So her editor hands her a challenge: She can cover any topic she wants, but only if she first scores the paper an interview with Finn Dalton, the notoriously reclusive author.

Living in the remote Alaskan wilderness, Finn has written a megabestselling memoir about surviving in the wild. But he stubbornly declines to speak to anyone in the press, and no one even knows exactly where he lives.

Digging deep into Finn’s past, Carrie develops a theory on his whereabouts. It is the holidays, but her career is at stake, so she forsakes her family celebrations and flies out to snowy Alaska. When she finally finds Finn, she discovers a man both more charismatic and more stubborn than she even expected. And soon she is torn between pursuing the story of a lifetime and following her heart.

My Thoughts
First off I’m a huge fan of Debbie Macomber, her books are so great and her characters are well written and a bit quirky. What I enjoy most is of course the romance! Starry Night doesn’t disappoint either, though I don’t really know why it’s called a Christmas novel since it doesn’t just focus on that time but the whole holidays in general.

I loved the romance of Carrie and Finn, like any love story there is a bit of dislike in the beginning but you know that’s all a lie because you feel the attractive between these two from the very start. Two souls who aren’t looking for love, since they both have been hurt but two who have lots of it to give. While they both admit they are from different worlds, they can’t deny that there is something there that pulls them together.

What started out as a regular job assignment turns out to be true love. Two people who are meant to be together no matter what others think. There is something magical to be said about the holidays. Many think it’s cheesy and just for kids, but I still believe that anything can happen during that time of year. So yes it can be a bit cheesy but I like a novel that can give you hope. I love it when everything turns out the way it should, what’s wrong with that? So pick up this novel, it has a great romance and background of the holidays just adds to its magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment