7.03.2013

WoW [35]


Waiting on Wednesday [WoW] is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s WoW feature is:

Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Expected Publication: February 25, 2014
Publisher: Harper Collins Children’s Books

Summary via Goodreads...
Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.

At school, nobody sees the scratches or her pain. The only person she connects with is the mysterious Captain Lyric, who writes song lyrics on her fourth-period desk for her to complete. With pencil marks and music, Alexi carves out a comfortable space for herself as she and the Captain finish each other's songs--words on a desk feel safer than words spoken aloud.

But when Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend who understands her better than anyone. He has secrets of his own and knows all about suffering in silence. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally speak up.

With her powerful, moving debut novel, author Courtney C. Stevens emerges as an extraordinary new talent to watch.

Why I Can’t Wait....
This sounds like a really great story and I can’t wait to find out what exactly her secret is. Plus music! I’m down.

13 comments:

  1. Nice!! This does look great. The cover is so mysterious, too. Thx for sharing!! New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for this one too! I think it sounds great. Nice choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is new to me so thanks for bringing it to my attention, it sounds so good!

    My Waiting on Wednesday


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I hadn't heard of this one yet. It sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven;t heard of this one yet, but I feel like this book has been written for me! Thanks so much for sharing! :D
    Waiting on Wednesday
    One Million Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this around quite a bit - I'm going to go and add it now on Goodreads! Awesome pick

    Check out my WoW here and don't forget to enter my second blogaversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good :) It kind of reminds me of Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you, I am curious what her secret is. Adding to my leaning tower of tbr. Nice pick

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! This one sounds really different! I'm now really curious as to what her secret actual is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choice! This is the first that I've heard of this book, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this one around for a few weeks now and I think it looks really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete