10.16.2018

Review: Sadie by Courtney Summers

Sadie by Courtney Summers
Published: September 4, 2018
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Format: via audiobook
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
Sadie hasn't had an easy life. Growing up on her own, she's been raising her sister Mattie in an isolated small town, trying her best to provide a normal life and keep their heads above water.

But when Mattie is found dead, Sadie's entire world crumbles. After a somewhat botched police investigation, Sadie is determined to bring her sister's killer to justice and hits the road following a few meager clues to find him.

When West McCray—a radio personality working on a segment about small, forgotten towns in America—overhears Sadie's story at a local gas station, he becomes obsessed with finding the missing girl. He starts his own podcast as he tracks Sadie's journey, trying to figure out what happened, hoping to find her before it's too late.

My Thoughts
In Sadie, we have West, a podcaster who hears a story about a local girl and is now on the hunt for Sadie and to find out what exactly happened to her and where is she now. Sadie has a very mysterious feel to her, people tend to think she went on the hunt for her sister’s killer but where and who she thinks this person is a mystery. Sadie sees herself responsible for Maddie’s death since she was the one looking after her after their mother left them. We see Sadie’s dark side but as we slowly see what kind of life she has lead her pain and anger is understandable.

I loved everything about this read. I listened to the audio which I recommend because it's amazing! I loved the podcast idea and the interviews format which totally gave me Dateline vibes. I enjoyed how all these different styles gave it a definitely unique feel and made it so interesting not to mention it really added to that dark creepy kind of feel...in a good way!!

This was without a doubt one of my favorite reads of the year, I felt for Sadie and the things she had to endure in her life. I liked how she was strong despite her hardships in life, even if that meant doing things that weren’t right. All in all, Sadie is a winner, this has a lot of elements I look for in a great read. I like the different points of views we got which just made the read so much more enjoyable. If you get the chance to read this please do you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment