10.09.2018

Review: Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand

Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand     
Published: May 3, 2016
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Format: via audiobook
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
The ties between women can run as deep as the ocean-but so can the secrets.
For 20 years, Kayla, Antoinette and Val have performed their own special summer ritual. Once a year, the old friends put aside their daily, separate lives to drink champagne, swap stories and swim naked under the Nantucket stars. But on one of those bonding nights, one of their trio swims out from the shore and doesn't return. After the surviving friends emerge from their grief, they realize that the repercussions of their loss go far beyond their little circle, and they begin to uncover layers of secrets-and their connections to each other that were never revealed on the beach. What has made their friendship strong now has the power to destroy their marriages, families, even themselves.

My Thoughts
Elin Hilderbrand is one of my favorite authors and I’m slowly reading all her books, so when I read the synopsis for one of her earliest reads I was intrigued. Nantucket Nights is the story of three lifelong friends who go out for a yearly ritual and soon one goes for a swim and doesn’t come back. With this read, we get drama, a little mystery and an explosion of secrets that go way beyond anything anyone could’ve imagined.

This is one of my favorite books by Elin Hilderbrand I loved how she weaved layers and layers of secrets into a web that just when you think you have something figured out she takes it to another level. The relationships in this read rather it be the friendships or romantic ones are so good that you are left stunned at times. I felt for some characters and others I hated but the ending is what kind of had me shook. Did I love it? No, but I totally understood it. I highly recommend this read if you are looking for something with substance, drama and a little mystery. Trust me you will fully love this rich story with memorable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment