7.06.2015

Taking a [sort of] break and enjoying summer

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer so far! I’m writing this to say I’m scaling back a bit for the summer. I want to take the time the next two months and just enjoy different things. I will continue to read and review but I might not post every day. I have some blitzes and promo stuff already scheduled so I will post things I've already committed to. I feel like for once in a long time I really want to chill and read at my leisure. I also want to take the time and catch up on some stuff on Netflix that I’ve been dying to watch. So below are a few things I hope to get into during my time off.

My Summer TBR
[I don’t have much new releases I really want to read so I’m hoping to get to some of these that have sitting on my shelf]


Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
Me before You by JoJo Moyes
Three Good Things by Wendy Francis
The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams
Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews
Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
Bound South by Rebecca White
The McCloud Home for Wayward Girls by Wendy Delsol
The Southern Comforts by Luanne Jones

 Netflix
[new and old stuff that has caught my attention]

Movies
Beyond the Lights

NightCrawler

They Came Together

Barefoot

 TV 
[already watching these]
Friday Night Lights
[why haven’t I see this sooner? I’m from TX and this is football! I feel ashamed…lol]

Between
[just found this and it’s AWESOME! A deadly disease that kills anyone in a small town over 22, kids and teens left behind to try to figure out how to survive.]

The League
[a rec from my brother and I think its super funny]

 Classics
Love Story

Sunset Boulevard

Dear Murderer

All about Eve

 Music
What Happened Miss Simone

Jazz

Jimi – All is by my side

1964

Secrets Disco Revolution
 Do you have any recs for me this summer? Have an awesome book or movie that’s a must? Please share!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got a lot on your list! I don't have an recommendations right now but I hope you have a great summer :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zareena! I hope you are having a great one also.

      Delete
  2. So many great choices, Monica!! I'm so glad you're going to read Me Before You; it's such a great book and there's a sequel publishing in September, I've heard. Enjoy the time to do what you want; you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been trying to read it for awhile now and its the perfect time before the sequel. I hope you have a great summer!

      Delete