12.06.2014

Day 6 of 25 Days of Christmas Reviews: How the In-Laws Wrecked Christmas by Fiona Gibson

How the In-Laws Wrecked Christmas by Fiona Gibson
Published: November 13, 2014
Publisher: Avon
Format: free Kindle Read
Rating 2/5

Synopsis
A funny, festive short story from bestseller Fiona Gibson. Just the thing to curl up with on a cold winter night.

Christmas in the country. What could be better? All you need is one country house, one gorgeous boyfriend and a liberal dusting of snow. Right?

That’s what Anna thinks and she can’t wait for the festivities to start. But then she meets her gorgeous boyfriend’s awful parents. And their drunk friends. And she starts to hear all about a certain ex-wife. Suddenly this doesn’t look like a very merry Christmas after all.

My Thoughts
I was torn when it came to this book. I liked the concept of Anna going to meet her future in laws however the ending had me scratching my head. I was like WHAT??? I wont spoil it for you but I honestly didn’t see that coming. I also didn’t like how rude and pretentious her in laws where. They didn’t even give her a chance and hated her from the moment they laid eyes on her. They were snobby and I personally though Anna was wonderful. Down to earth and a real caring person they would be lucky to have her in the family. Plus I hated how her boyfriend never stuck up for her, who does that?

So needless to say I was 50/50 when it came to the read. I loved parts and not so much others. If you like feel free to check it out its roughly 60 pages and you will read it in no time. Maybe you will like it more than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment