12.22.2014

Day 22 of 25 Days of Christmas Reviews: How to Bake the Perfect Christmas Cake by Gina Henning

How to Bake the Perfect Christmas Cake by Gina Henning
Published: December 3, 2014
Publisher: Carina
Format: via author [thank you!]
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
A delicious cake. A guy who is late. Merry Christmas to all.

After the best Thanksgiving of her life, Lauren Hauser can’t wait to see Jack-the-pecan-hoarder so they can finally be in the same place at the same time. Long distance really doesn’t work when you’re head over heels! But when Jack doesn’t turn up at the airport Lauren is left wondering if their relationship is really as great as she thought? Sure Jack’s kisses were delicious and when he looked at her, her knees felt weak, but what did they really know about each other? A big Hauser family Christmas is just what is needed for this situation. Not only will her mom be decking the halls with boughs of monstrous-Christmas-decorations, but Lauren is baking a Christmas cake to once again claim dessert queen of the family! Will Jack fit in with the Hauser clan? Or will Lauren have to face the music…and accept that not every holiday romance was made for a happily ever after.

My Thoughts
This book leaves off where How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie left off, however book can be read as stand alones.

I was a big fan of the last book and I loved and enjoyed this one as well. What makes this book so wonderful are the characters. I fell in love with Lauren and Jack they are just plain cute and fun as a couple. This one focuses on the crazy adventures of Jack and Lauren during Christmas. Lauren’s family is one of my favorites; they are fun and crazy but oh so adorable and fun loving. I love how they interact with one another and when they get together you can truly feel the love they have for one another. I honestly just loved how this was just a great read; it shows you don’t always have to have drama or conflict to have a good story. But what truly is the main theme of this book is the romance. While Jack can be sort of a mystery I though Jack’s 12 days of Christmas gifts was just plain awesome and so cute! This is one series I advise everyone to read. I promise you will love these characters as much as I do. So do yourself a favor and grab the series and sit back and fall in love with Jack and Lauren just like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment