12.12.2013

Holiday Reads: [Review] The Christmas Cookie Collection by Lori Wilde

The Christmas Cookie Collection by Lori Wilde
Published: October 29, 2013
Publication: Avon
Format: copy via publisher
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
There's a legend in Twilight, Texas. It says that if on Christmas you sleep with kismet cookies under your pillow and dream of your one true love, he will be your destiny.
Carrie, Raylene, Christine, and Flynn are all members of the Christmas Cookie Club. Each has a story to tell, and each discovers the miracles of the season and the power of love.

Carrie: Reconnects with her high school sweetheart . . .the only man she's ever loved.
Raylene: Discovers that the daughter she gave away at birth is living right in Twilight . . .
Christine: Has given up on love . . . until the man of her dreams walks through her shop door.
Grace: It's Christmas Eve and Flynn and Jesse Calloway are thrilled to be expecting a new baby. Then Flynn's car hits a patch of ice, and Jesse must move earth . . . and heaven . . .to save her and their unborn child.

My Thoughts
The Christmas Cookie Collection is one of my favorite holiday reads thus far. It’s a collection of four story stories each focusing on one girl in a group of friends. While each short focuses on one girl, I like how each can be read alone yet they all intertwine flawlessly yet beautifully.

Although each character brings something different to the table, my favorite story would be that of Raylene. I just thought her story and her as a character is funny yet touching. She just screams classic Texan female. She’s tough, such a spitfire yet so loving and protective all at the same time. There’s just something about the magic of Christmas that I love and this just nails it for me. Nothing’s better than Christmas, and that small town feel and those crazy characters that bring that funny feel to it are all a great plus!

I must admit I’ve never read anything by Lori Wilde before I will definitely be buying some of her reads now. She just writes fun characters and has a wonderful way of telling an honest to god great story.

Be sure to put this on your list, I know you will fall in love with the people of Twilight, Texas just as much as I have. This is a classic in the making and I can’t wait for others to enjoy this Christmas tale as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment