I've decided to do this wonderful survey by Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner. This showcases all the awesome books we've read, so here are a few of mine.
1. Best Book You Read In 2013?So many but my top 5 [no order]…
A Hundred Summers by Beatriz WilliamsReconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
Lies You Wanted to Hear by James Whitfield Thomson
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?This Fragile Life by Kate Hewitt
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano [book 1]
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?Nowhere but Home by Liz Palmer
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?Justice for Sara by Erica Spindler [don’t read much thriller but this one is AWESOME!]
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?Divergent series by Rainbow Rowell
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
Finn – If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin. This made my heart ache for days!!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?Divergent series by Veronica Roth
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?"I'd Been around the block long enough to know that sooner or later every romance turns into a negotiation. It's a matter of give and take. Give too little and you breed resentments, take too little and you start feeling used."
"The lies you wanted to hear were the easiest ones to tell."
-both from Lies You Wanted to Hear by James Whitfield Thomson
Shortest: Mulberry Lane [Christmas short] by Gina Lee Scott
Longest: Divergent by Veronica Roth
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc)?Cath and Reagan from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Finn and Autumn from If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?Golden by Jessi Kirby
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else?If I Stay by Gale Forman
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?CONTEMPORARY
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?Park – Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Finn – If He Had Been with Me by Lauren Nowlin
23. Best 2013 debut you read?Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?Bossypants by Tina Fey
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle