12.11.2012

WoW [10]

Waiting on Wednesday (WoW) is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.


This week’s WoW feature is:

Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie
Expected publication: July 9, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

[Goodreads]
It's been eight years since Gen Loxley lost her daughter, Beth eight years of grief in which nothing's really moved forward, for all that her husband, Art, wills it to. Gen, once a writer of novels, has settled in to a life of half-hearted teaching, while Art makes his name and their fortune - and pressures her into trying IVF once again. For Gen, it seems a cruel act of replacement; life without Beth is unthinkable, unbearable - but still it goes on. And then a woman arrives on Gen's doorstep, saying the very thing she longs to hear: that her daughter was not stillborn, but was spirited away as a healthy child, and is out there, waiting to be found….
So why is Art reluctant to get involved? To save his wife from further hurt? Or something much more sinister?
What is the truth about Beth Loxley?

I love a good mystery and this one from the description sounds like a good one. So many questions and possibilities who wouldn't want to read this to see how it all pans out? Plus you all know I love a good cover.

So what are you all waiting on? Please share.

16 comments:

  1. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but woah it sounds really good. Adding it to my list to check out!
    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It sounds really good. Lots of mystery. Cant wait to see if its good.

      Delete
  2. Sounds mysterious. Not sure if it's my cup of tea, but I can see the potential for this novel.

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def worth seeing if its good or not. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hadnt heard of it either til a few weeks ago.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of that book.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the sound of this one....mystery, secrets, and possibly betrayal?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good choice to me.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before but it definitely sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lots of mystery and questions. Thanks for stopping by also.

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really good. Great pick!

    New GFC follower. :]
    Stop by my wow!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Off to check out your WoW.

      Delete
  9. Thanks happy reading to you also.

    ReplyDelete