9.14.2018

Review: And Every Morning... by Fredrik Backman

And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman               
Published: November 1, 2016
Publisher: Atria Books
Format: via audiobook
Rating: 4.5/5

Synopsis
An exquisitely moving portrait of an elderly man’s struggle to hold on to his most precious memories, and his family’s efforts to care for him even as they must find a way to let go. An unrivaled understanding of human nature and deep compassion for people in difficult circumstances. This is a tiny gem with a message you’ll treasure for a lifetime.

My Thoughts
This novella packed a punch in just under 100 pages. The story of Noah and his grandfather had me crying like a baby not only because it was so good but also because the subject matter is very near and dear to my heart. In Every Morning Noah and his grandfather go on walks and Noah knows his grandfather is starting to forget things but he is determined to help his grandfather remember the things he holds dear. This read hit me personally since I’m going through this with my grandmother right now, she has been diagnosed with dementia, it's been hard to see her slowly forget things but I have to be strong for her and I’m grateful for every day I have with her. I can't rave enough about this beautifully writing story of love that transcends all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment