12.13.2017

Day 10 of 12 Days of Christmas: My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff

My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff
Published: October 31, 2017
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Format: NetGalley
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
Charlotte Charlie Donovan knows exactly what she wants for Christmas: Teo Ortiz. He s the school s star athlete, in the National Honor Society, invited to every party, contributes to the school paper (where Charlie is co-editor), and is about to be featured as One to Watch in a teen magazine basically, he's exactly the type of guy Charlie s meant to be with. The only problem he barely knows she exists.

But Charlie is determined to be Teo's date to the Christmas ball. And she has a plan: To rig the paper s Secret Santa so that she can win his heart with five perfect gifts. But to do that she needs help. Enter J.D. Ortiz Teo s cousin, and possibly the most annoying person on the planet. He s easy going, laid back, unorganized, spontaneous, and makes a joke out of everything the exact opposite of Charlie (and Teo). But he s willing to provide insight into what Teo wants, so she's stuck with him.

Yet, the more time Charlie spends with J.D., the more she starts to wonder: Does she really know what, or rather who, she wants for Christmas?


My Thoughts
Is it possible to love a book, its storyline and supporting characters yet dislike the main character? Well, this was my dilemma with My New Crush Gave to Me. You see I fully enjoyed this book with its predictable storyline but that’s ok what wasn’t was my dislike of Charlie. Why is that? Well, I just felt she was a tad annoying and so blind cause she couldn’t see that J.D. not Teo was the guy for her! I wish I could’ve leaped in the book and shake her silly. I know its just a book but geez can anyone be so blind to what was clearly right in front of them?

So why despite all my yammering did I give it 4 stars? Well like I said I did really love this read. I thought it was cute and funny and yes despite Charlie not being able to realize who was the right guy for her right away I did love the interaction between her and J.D. their chemistry was off the charts and the slow built up of that was well worth it. So if you want something fun and flirty to read this Christmas pick it up it's definitely worth the time.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the main character. I've been there before with that feeling, and it's never fun. It's like just see what's in front of you already, please and thank you lol but I'm glad you enjoyed this one overall. I'm hoping to get to it before the end of the year - I love anything christmas related! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I don't think it was so much the character but just my reaction. I hope you can read it soon it is a very cute read.I would love to know what you think.

      Delete