2.18.2015

WoW [109]

Waiting on Wednesday [WoW] is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

The Status of All Things by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke
Expected Publication: June 2, 2015
Publisher: Washington Square Press

 Synopsis
What would you do if you could literally rewrite your fate—on Facebook? This heartwarming and hilarious new novel from the authors of Your Perfect Life follows a woman who discovers she can change her life through online status updates.

Kate is a thirty-five-year-old woman who is obsessed with social media. So when her fiancé, Max, breaks things off at their rehearsal dinner—to be with Kate’s close friend and coworker, no less—she goes straight to Facebook to share it with the world. But something’s changed. Suddenly, Kate’s real life starts to mirror whatever she writes in her Facebook status. With all the power at her fingertips, and heartbroken and confused over why Max left her, Kate goes back in time to rewrite their history.

Kate's two best friends, Jules and Liam, are the only ones who know the truth. In order to convince them she’s really time traveled, Kate offers to use her Facebook status to help improve their lives. But her attempts to help them don’t go exactly as planned, and every effort to get Max back seems to only backfire, causing Kate to wonder if it’s really possible to change her fate.
 Why I Can’t Wait
I think this definitely speaks to the times we are in. I see people who try to paint this perfect life online to impress others? Why??? I mean be who you are flaws and all! I find this novel interesting and really want to see how things pan out. I really can’t wait to read this!


Feel free to link me to yours.

11 comments:

  1. Weird but interesting. I can sense annoying characters though (haha!) but the plot sounds intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds fascinating and funny and kinda terrifying all at the same time. I would read this one.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting and reminds me of a YA book from a while back. Can't think of the title. It had two authors. Anyway, it sounds to me like Kate isn't really meant to be with Max, regardless of what she does. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this one sounds amazing! Has the potential to be pretty funny too :) Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds Interesting! I'll have to check this one out!

    Check out my WoW this week: https://betweenthespine.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/waiting-on-wednesday-the-start-of-me-and-you-by-emery-lord/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this book sounds like the kind of book I've been waiting for!:)
    I went into The Future of Us by Jay Asher Carolyn Mackler so excited about the premise of these two teenagers being able to see their futures through facebook but was really disappointed by how it was carried out:(
    But here's my second chance!- this book comes along and also plays on the social media + fate idea which I love and it sounds so fun and I think it'll actually be able to live up to the sweet premise:D I bet this one will be great:)
    Awesome pick!
    Here's mine: http://anotheronceuponatime.blogspot.sg/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-passenger-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the book I couldn't think of - THE FUTURE OF US. Thanks, Maya for the reminder. I remember liking it OK, but not much else about it other than the Facebook angle. :-)

      Delete
  7. This definitely sounds intriguing :) I'm not sure if it's my type of read but thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it will offer an interesting and rich look at how social media shapes and affects our lives. Very appropriate for the world we live in now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. I've not heard of this one but it does seem pretty interesting. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting! I liked their first book together, so I'm glad to see they're writing another one.

    It's kind of like the grown-up version of The Future of Us. I'll be interested in seeing how it plays out. :) Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete