9.10.2014

WoW [88]

Waiting on Wednesday [WoW] is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Expected Publication: January 6, 2015
Publisher: Knopf

Synopsis...
A beautiful story about a girl who learns to live from a boy who intends to die.

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it's unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the "natural wonders" of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It's only with Violet that Finch can be himself-a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who's not such a freak after all. And it's only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink.

Why I Can’t Wait…
Sounds like a great and interesting story. I sense a tear fest...but in a good way.


Feel free to link me to yours.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds emotionally intense; I don't think this one would be for me.

    A nice WoW! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this a couple of weeks ago on someone else's WoW too and I've already added it to my wishlist! Thanx for sharing! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued. Would love to read more after going through the blurb. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ItchingforBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, sounds like a box of tissue type read, but good too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks interesting...definitely reminds me a bit of Me Before You...cue the tissue boxes!

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/waiting-on-wednesday/waiting-wednesday-edge-eternity-ken-follett/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh that does look like it'd be a good story, with ugly crying going on
    Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, I'm definitely interested in reading this one; did you ever read her memoir - The Aqua Net Diaries? It was GREAT! Thanks for the preview!

    ReplyDelete