9.16.2014

Author's Spotlight: E. Lynn Harris

This weekend I was rearranging my bookshelves and I know how there are so many authors that I auto-buy. I thought I would do a little series honoring these people whom have shaped my mind and touched my soul. Here’s my first pick…

                  E. Lynn Harris

E. Lynn Harris was one of the earliest authors that I got hooked on. I remember being about 18 or 19 and my mom telling me about this new author and how his books were amazing and almost a guilty pleasure. While I’m not one for cheesy romance I thought I would read it solely so she would stop talking about him. I read his first book Invisible Life and man was I hooked! It was like nothing I had read before, he spoke so bluntly and with passion it was utterly amazing. 

His books have so much to offer. There is romance, drama, and he also deals with race and homosexuality. His books will make you laugh, cry and mad all in the span of few pages, they are some of the best books I’ve ever read. And while you don’t have to read them in order some characters do come in and out through different books. However you will never feel lost as all can be read as stand alones.  If you are looking for something new and completely different than what you usually read why not give any of his books a try? I will warn you he is very blunt and describes the “romance” scenes to details. So if you don’t like that kind of read well sorry this author isn’t for you.

Sadly Mr. Harris passed away in 2009. I am so grateful for all the literary works he left behind. He left books that touched me like no others. Plus they grew a bond between me and mom. We had so many great conversations about the characters and the romances not to mention loving to hate certain people in the stories. Although he was taken away too soon I am honored to have been a fan of his wonderful words.

E. Lynn Harris Books
Just As I Am (1995)
Mama Dearest (2009) (posthumously released)
In My Father's House (2010) (posthumously released)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica! My name is Cameron Von St. James and I had a quick question for you! I was wondering if you could email me at your earliest convenience at cvonstjames AT gmail DOT com :-) I greatly appreciate your time!!

    ReplyDelete