10.19.2012

Review: The Milestone Tapes by Ashley Mackler Paternostro

The Milestone Tapes by Ashley Mackler-Paternostro
Published: March 13, 2012

 
Synopsis

Jenna Chamberland never wanted anything more than to be a wife and mother. That is, until she realized that her life was ending after a three-year battle against breast cancer. Now, all she really wants is more time.
With 4,320 hours left to live, Jenna worries for her loved ones and what she knows awaits them on the other side: Gabe will have to make the slip from husband to widower, left alone to raise their seven-year-old daughter; Mia will be forced to cope with life without her mother. In a moment of reflection, Jenna decides to record a set of audiocassettes — The Milestone Tapes – leaving her voice behind as a legacy for her daughter.
Nine years later, Mia is a precocious sixteen-year-old and her life is changing all around, all she wants is her mother. Through the tapes, Jenna’s voice returns to teach Mia the magic of life, her words showing her daughter how to spread her wings and embrace the coming challenges with humor, grace and hope.




My Thoughts
I'd had this book in my Kindle for months. Got it one day while searching the free Kindle reads. I must admit I loved the cover way before I ever read the description of what the book was about. I tend to do that...yes I do tend to judge a book by it's cover. One day about two months ago I decided I would read this.
WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!! The Milestone Tapes is a lovely and touching story of a mother dying of cancer and whose love for her daughter will stop at nothing for always being there for her...even when she's gone. The thought of making these "tapes" so that Mia will never forget her and guide her through life is so sad yet comforting. No book has moved me this much in years. Trust me I'm not the most emotional person on the planet so that says alot.
If you like check out The Milestone Tapes and In The After, the new book by Ashley Mackler Paternostro... you won't regret it. Both are amazing books so check them out and check out my review on In The After next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment