5.13.2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Tough Subjects

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week topic…
Books Dealing with Tough Subjects
These books whether its grief, sexual abuse, sexuality, suicide or just teens coming of age all are tough subjects to write much less deal with. However these authors wrote some amazing stories dealing with them.
Live Through This – Mindi Scott
Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson
The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
The Miseducation of Cameron Post – Emily M. Danforth
My Sister’s Keeper – Jodi Picoult
The Virgin Suicides – Jeffrey Eugenides
We Were the Mulvaneys – Joyce Carol Oates
White Oleander – Janet Fitch
Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher
That’s my Top Ten…what’s yours?

6 comments:

  1. White Oleander was on my list too- I remember reading it when I was maybe 18 years old and having so much respect for GOOD foster parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Virgin Suicides is a great choice. I can't believe I didn't remember that one.

    I also have Speak on my list, and I've read a fair amount of titles you featured here. The Perks of Being a Wallflower has been a favorite of mine for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so debated White Oleander. It was a tough call. The Virgin Suicides is on my list, too. My Sister's Keeper made me cry so hard. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love SPEAK and TFIOS. Such different books, but both so eye-opening and affecting.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love TFIOS and put it on my list as well. It is just such a rich and raw read that is simply amazing! I completely forgot to add My Sister's Keeper to mine which makes me sad as this is just such a crazy emotional and thrilling read that really got me!

    Thanks for sharing your favourites with us!

    Feel free to check out my top ten here

    Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Virgin Suicides! I can't believe I left that off my list. Love that book and full of all kinds of issues.

    ReplyDelete