5.02.2013

Review: The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston


The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
Expected Publication: May 14, 2013
Format: ARC provided by publisher
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Rating: 4/5

Summary via Goodreads
She’s been six different people in six different places: Madeline in Ohio, Isabelle in Missouri, Olivia in Kentucky . . . But now that she’s been transplanted to rural Louisiana, she has decided that this fake identity will be her last.

Witness Protection has taken nearly everything from her. But for now, they’ve given her a new name, Megan Rose Jones, and a horrible hair color. For the past eight months, Meg has begged her father to answer one question: What on earth did he do – or see – that landed them in this god-awful mess? Meg has just about had it with all the Suits’ rules — and her dad’s silence. If he won’t help, it’s time she got some answers for herself.

But Meg isn’t counting on Ethan Landry, an adorable Louisiana farm boy who’s too smart for his own good. He knows Meg is hiding something big. And it just might get both of them killed. As they embark on a perilous journey to free her family once and for all, Meg discovers that there’s only one rule that really matters — survival.

My Thoughts
I’ll be honest I didn’t know if I would like or even get into the whole “Witness Protection” thing. Boy was I wrong. I was pleasantly surprised by this wonderful novel. It has action and a real interesting storyline. It has you guessing and questioning any and everyone involved.

I also enjoyed the sub-plot of her friendship and eventual romance with Ethan. What can I say I love me a southern boy. What I liked was how his character never pushed Meg but at the same time knew there was something that wasn’t quite right. I loved how Meg finally realized she knew nothing would change if she didn’t at least try and trust people to some level. However the ending is what totally caught me off guard! I’m not one for posting spoilers on my reviews- but I never really saw it coming.

I can’t wait to see what author Ashley Elston has in store for us next. I enjoyed her storytelling and the twist and turns that she led me on. If I’m not mistaken I think I saw somewhere there is going to a sequel. I hope so I can’t wait to see how it all pans out.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the book as well. It wasn't the witness protection portion that I didn't think wasn't going to like with this book, it what when the plot was going to move forward. I found that Elston started to beat around the bush from time to time when trying to hide Meg's secret. I did enjoy her and Ethan though, very cute. Made me like the book more than I was going to. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really enjoyed the Ethan and Meg storyline. I agree I think the author did kind of drag out her secrets.

      Delete