1.17.2013

Review: Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

Nobody But UsNobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook 
Expected Publication: January 29, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: ARC E-copy via Edelweiss
Rating: 3/5

[Goodreads] They’re young. They’re in love. They’re on the run.
Zoe wants to save Will as much as Will wants to save Zoe. When Will turns eighteen, they decide to run away together. But they never expected their escape to be so fraught with danger.... when the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can’t run fast enough.

Nobody But Us, told in alternating perspectives from Will and Zoe, is an unflinching novel, in turns heartbreaking and hopeful, about survival, choices, and love...and how having love doesn’t always mean that you get a happy ending.

My Thoughts
I loved the altering perspectives of Will and Zoe that’s about the only thing I truly enjoyed about this book. I wanted to really love it, trust me I did.

I was expecting this literary world fill of romance…my expectations fell short. I didn’t really get or buy this couple. I felt they were two lost and lonely souls searching for love and appreciate and they just happened to fall into each other. Two people hoping to help each other fill the void that needed to be filled so desperately.

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t hate the book, it just wasn’t what I thought it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment