6.18.2019

Review: All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover
Published: July 17, 2018
Publisher: Atria Books
Format: via Overdrive
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
Quinn and Graham’s perfect love is threatened by their imperfect marriage. The memories, mistakes, and secrets that they have built up over the years are now tearing them apart. The one thing that could save them might also be the very thing that pushes their marriage beyond the point of repair.

All Your Perfects is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?

My Thoughts
This was my first Colleen Hoover experience and boy I so want to see what else she does!
In All Your Perfects we met Quinn and Graham we see a couple on the verge but we don't know why or how exactly they got there. In alternating chapters of now and then we see how they are now and slowly we discover what is happening. In the then we see how they met and how their love story came to be.

I won't go into details because I feel this story is so touching and gut-wrenching that to give any details would be spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read it. However, as much as I love this story Quinn made me mad so many times. I didn't like how she treated Graham at times and I wished she shared her hurt and pain more with him. With that, I loved that their journey ran the emotional scale like nobody’s business. I enjoyed how we were given their story, I liked the back and forth aspect of it. Most importantly I liked how Colleen Hoover showed us flawed characters and she didn't put the blame on any one character. My heart broke for both of them at different points of the story and wasn't sure where they were headed by the end. I didn't know if their love for one another was enough. Sometimes love just isn't enough but I was rooting for them and at the end, I was in tears.

All Your Perfects shows us the good, bad and the ugly that can happen in a marriage. Even if we love one another so much sometimes even that isn't enough, but at the same time, we might have to hit rock bottom to see what’s really at stake. This novel will yank at your heartstrings but in the end, it is definitely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Wohoo to first Colleen Hoover experience ! Seriously go through the catalogue everything she writes IS gut-wrenching and raw but each character and every storyline is so well crafted !
    Susan Books Etc

    ReplyDelete