3.01.2016

Monthly Wrap Up: February

Knock another month off the old calendar, while it’s the shortest month I found myself just being plain lazy. I didn’t read as many books as I wanted but the ones I did were pretty awesome. The weather here in TX has been pretty great not too hot or too cold just wish it could stay like this forever. Well enough about me…here’s how my month went book wise.
Books Read
*12. Somewhere Out There by Amy Hatvany [Amazon]
  11. South of Sunshine by Dana Elmendorf [Amazon]
  10. The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury [Amazon]
* 9. The Passenger by Lisa Lutz [Amazon]
   8. In Real Life by Jessica Love [Amazon]
*=Super Faves

Books Received via Publishers
GR / Amazon    Going For Two by Laura Chapman
GR / Amazon    The Widow by Fiona Barton
GR / Amazon    Nowhere Girl by Susan Strecker
GR / Amazon    Perfect Days by Raphael Montes
GR / Amazon    The Wedding Sisters by Jamie Brenner
GR / Amazon    Dear Thing by Julie Cohen
GR / Amazon    The Friends We Keep by Susan Mallery
GR / Amazon    All They Ever Wanted by Tracey Solheim
GR / Amazon    Come On Closer by Kendra Leigh Castle
Big thanks to Signet Eclipse, Berkley, MIRA, St. Martin's Press, NAL and Penguin

Arcs via NetGalley/Edelweiss
GR / Amazon    People Who Knew Me by Kim Hooper
GR / Amazon    The Children by Ann Leary

Purchased
GR / Amazon    The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Gifted
Come Dancing / Keep Dancing by Leslie Wells  GR / Amazon
Leslie Wells recently saw I posted a review and gifted me two of the other books in the series. She was super sweet and thanks so much for the wonder gift!

Personal Goals Update
Once again I’m glad to say I kept my promise of only getting 2 arcs from NetGalley/Edelweiss!
I knocked off 1 book from my TBR pile [The Bridge]

NonBookish things
Since I’ve been reading nonstop for a while now I thought I would devote the weekends to catching up on TV shows and movies so here’s a few I’ve watched lately:


Liberal Arts starring Josh Radnor and Elizabeth Olsen
[4/5] I really liked this one. It’s about a guy who goes back to his university to honor his professor and falls for a young coed.


Brotherly Love starring Keke Palmer, Corey Hardrict, and Romeo Miller
[4/5] The story of a family who brother has taken the lead in caring for them but does some illegal things to do it.


Stuck in Love starring Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins and Nat Wolff
[5/5] I LOVED this one! My brother recommended it and I can’t tell people enough to check it out. The story of a family of writers and a dad who is still in love with his ex-wife after the divorce and how it has affected the family as a whole.


Love [TV series] starring Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust –creator Judd Apatow
[Jury still out on this one] I saw the trailer and thought this look funny but honestly I just watched one episode and I don’t know if I want to see anymore.


Fuller House starring original cast
[4/5] Ok so a lot of people have slammed the series saying it's corny or whatever. Granted it is cheesy but hello it’s supposed to be! Let’s be honest, so was the original. I think we have blinders on when it comes to nostalgia and we forget that the things we love can be cheesy and corny but if you take the show for what it’s for its an ok show.

Upcoming Reads
Lies and Other Acts of Love by Kristy Woodson Harvey
The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight
Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica
The Children by Ann Leary


Well, that’s my month how was yours? Please feel free to link up yours I love to see all things bookish!

No comments:

Post a Comment