3.10.2015

Kids Corner [2] Review: Ella by Mallory Kasdan

Ella
Ella by Mallory Kasdan Illustrations by Marcos Chin
Published: January 22, 2015
Format: via publisher
Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
This is ELLA. She is six years old. She lives at the Local Hotel. She has a nanny called Manny. He has tattoos for sleeves and he might go in with some guys to buy a grilled cheese truck. Sometimes Ella weaves purses out of Ziploc bags and reclaimed twine. (She is artsy of course.) She has a dog named Stacie and a fish named Rasta and a scooter which is important for getting everywhere she needs to be. Altogether she has been to 62 events including that Hillary Clinton fundraiser. She is NEVER bored. If Ella and Kay Thompson’s Eloise got together for a play date, they would have a very good time indeed.
My Thoughts
I’ve had this setting on my shelf for a few weeks when my little cousin Viv came over and said she wanted me to read it. I didn’t know if she was going to like it or if I even would but surprisingly we both loved it. She loved the “pictures” and said Ella was “super cool” “funny” “crazy” and she wanted Ella's “doggie”. What can say Viv is four and is straight forward! I on the other hand knew this was a parody of Eloise but found it to be a cooler version of it. Though I found myself thinking why is this little girl running the town all by herself like she’s grown I remembered it’s a fun book and sometimes in kids books you just have to go with the flow. This was a very cute and fun book in Viv’s and my opinion so much so that I had to read it twice…that says something when it comes to kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment