8.02.2014

Review: The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington

The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington
Published: June 19, 2014
Publisher: HarperImpulse
Format: via NetGalley
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
Sarah, I’m not coming home tonight.
If you love me, you will give me the space I need…
Tell the children I love them.
Paul

It started out like any other day for Sarah Lawler; getting the kids ready for school, making the pack lunches and juggling baby Ella’s feeds. There was no way of knowing that her husband, Paul, would leave for work that morning and simply not come home.

Now the questions are piling up quicker than the unpaid bills and, unable to answer her children’s questions about where their Daddy is, Sarah is getting desperate. But it turns out she isn’t quite as alone as she thought she was. When her beloved childhood friend, Edward, comes back into her life, Sarah thinks she’s finally been thrown a life line.

There’s just one problem with Edward: no one else can see him. Edward is an angel. And he has a message for Sarah that will change her life and the lives of others forever. For it is only in the most difficult of times that Sarah can discover how strong she truly is. Set in a small coastal village on the beautiful Irish coast, The Life You Left is a story of redemption and the strength of love.

My Thoughts
Talk about a read that pulls at the heart strings! This is an amazing read though it is about losing someone it is also about finding your inner strength and finding who you truly are. For me this book was all about the feels. While the story is wonderfully written I loved the emotions more than anything. It has heart and that is what I’ve been missing in a lot of books I’ve been reading lately.
Sarah is one of characters that will stay with you long after you’ve turned the last page. You can’t help but feel for her and her children. While Sarah could’ve easily been a sad and weak character she isn’t and I loved how she turned herself around and became strong when she really needed to be.

This is one of those books I will be telling everyone I can about, it’s simply that good. If you want to read a book that hits all the right notes look no further than this one, you won’t be disappoint at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment