3.29.2013

Review: If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin


If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
Expected Publication: April 2, 2013
Format: ARC E-Copy provided by NetGalley
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Rating: 5/5

Summary via Goodreads
If he had been with me, he wouldn't have died.
Throughout their whole childhood, Finn and Autumn were inseparable—they finished each other's sentences, they knew just what to say when the other person was hurting. But one incident in middle school puts them in separate social worlds come high school, and Autumn has been happily dating James for the last 2 years. But she's always wondered what if...
The night she's about to get the answer is also one of terrible tragedy.

My Thoughts
Wonderful, beautifully written, haunting, heartbreaking and simply amazing! That’s just the tip of the iceberg when describing my opinion of If He Had Been with Me. Ahhhh…although no words can truly describe how much I loved this book!! Months ago I knew I wanted to read it but never could have imagined how great it would be.

It all starts with childhood best friends Autumn and Finn. Next door neighbors whose moms are best friends and whose birthdays are a week of each other how were they destined not to be in each other lives? Always together until, high school when they have totally different sets of friends. Each were in relationships when one day Autumn realizes that she’s in love with Finn. That is was, has and will always be Finn. She never acts on it because she doesn’t want to hurt her boyfriend’s feelings. Years go by and she discovers that her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. Being in a funk after the breakup Finn is the only who can bring her out of it. After re-establishing their friendship she finds out that Finn also had feeling for her at one time. But does he still? What comes next is a series of secrets and revelations that changes the course of everyone’s lives.

I can honestly say this is already in my top ten reads of all time. I was sucked in from the first page and never wanted it to end. It’s a story of love, friendship and fate. It will have you thinking about the what ifs and make you think if life really has us here for a certain reason. An emotional read that makes you want more after the last page. It definitely has me thinking [and hoping!] if a sequel maybe possible. Pick up this read…NOW! Trust me you won’t regret it!

7 comments:

  1. Emotional is it! I'm pretty sure it's a stand alone but I could see the possibility of a sequel. It is kinda open ended sort of like how things could be after everything happens. Maybe it's just me wishing and hoping for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica!
    Thanks for the great review! Can I post a link on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do I'd be honored. Your book is amazing can't wait to buy a physical copy.

      Delete
  3. You convinced me to want to read this! Plus, I'm also loving the cover. Love your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Review, I definitely want to check this one out. Contemporary books are not usually my thing but when they get awesome reviews I make exceptions :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete