9.24.2012

Review: The Vinyl Princessby Yvonne Prinz

The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz

Published: December 4, 2009
Format: Hardcover [Bought]
Publisher: HaperTeen
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
Summer is here, and 16-year-old Allie, a self-professed music geek, is exactly where she wants to be: working full-time at Berkeley's ultra-cool Bob and Bob Records. There, Allie can spend her days bantering with the street people, talking the talk with the staff, shepherding the uncool bridge-and-tunnel shoppers, all the while blissfully surrounded by music, music, music. It's the perfect setup for her to develop her secret identity as The Vinyl Princess, author of both a brand-new zine and blog. From the safety of her favourite place on earth, Allie is poised to have it all: love, music and blogging.


My Thoughts
I picked this up a couple of months ago on Amazon and it was a one of my best finds. If there's anything I love more than books its music. So to combine the two makes me very happy. Allie is a just a girl trying to make her way through her teen years. Dealing with issues all teens go through we can all understand Allie. Yvonne Prinz makes Allie a girl I want to be. The description of Allie's record collection alone makes me so jealous. Allie is a strong independent teen and understands who she is and what she wants. The cast of characters from the neighborhood and record store are a delight. What I loved was the way music plays a upfront role in the book. It's almost the star. I found myself looking up some the songs and artists mentioned in the book. All in all if you love music and want a great read pick this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment