11.18.2012

IMM [7]




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi from

Here's the stuff I got this week...

The following books sent by Merit Press [thank you!!]

 
The Girl In The Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab 
Expected Publication: December 18, 2012
Merit Press
[Goodreads] Thugs open fire on parents and schoolmates alike, in a plot against Ariel's father that quickly spins out of control. As the entire party is taken hostage, the girls are forced apart. Ariel escapes into the hidden tunnels in the family mansion, where she and Sera played as children. Only Sera, who forges an unlikely alliance with Hudson Winters, knows where her friend could be. As the industrial terrorist plot unravels and the death toll climbs, Ariel and Sera must recall the sisterhood that once sustained them as they try to save themselves and each other on the longest night of their lives.
 
 
 

Louder Than Words by Laurie Plissner  
Expected Publication: December 18, 2012
Merit Press
[Goodreads] Since the snowy night when her family's car slammed into a tree, killing her parents and little sister, Sasha has been unable to speak except through a computer with a robotic voice. Nothing is wrong with her body; that's healed. But, after four years, Sasha's memory, and her spirit, are still broken. Then one day, she's silently cussing out the heavy book she dropped at the library when a gorgeous, dark-haired boy, the kind of boy who considers Sasha a freak or at least invisible, "answers" Sasha's hidden thoughts -- out loud. Yes, Ben can read minds; it's no big deal. He's part of a family with a host of unusual, almost-but-not-quite-supernatural talents.
 
 
Tempestuous [Twisted Lit #1] 
Expected Publication: December 18, 2012
Merit Press
[Goodreads] Recently banished, unfairly, by the school’s popular crowd, former "it girl," Miranda Prospero, finds herself in a brave new world: holding dominion amongst a rag-tag crew of geeks and misfits where she works at the Hot-Dog Kabob in the food court of her local mall. When the worst winter storm of the season causes mall workers and last-minute shoppers to be snowed-in for the night, Miranda seizes the opportunity to get revenge against the catty clique behind her social exile. With help from her delightfully dweeby coworker, Ariel, and a sullen loner named Caleb who works at the mall’s nearby gaming and magic shop, Miranda uses charm and trickery to set things to right during this spirited take on Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
 

Free Kindle reads



 


That's my haul...what's yours? Please share.

20 comments:

  1. Great books this week. Love the cover of Tempestuous, will have to check them all out. Please come by and check out My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that and The Girl in the Wall look good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Monica!

    Awesome! We can be buddy readers--I've got the Merit press titles too! I can't wait to read them. I hope that I love them all! Great haul, I hope you love the books to pieces!

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM.

    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I cant wait to read them. Hope you enjoy also!

      Delete
  3. I have Louder Than Words too and can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Louder Than Words sounds so good! I also Tempestuous sounds like it is going to be a quirky, funny book! I hope you enjoy :)
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Girl in the Wall sounds really intense! I love Tempestuous' cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I really hope you enjoy these.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tempestuous sounds like a fun read. I always enjoy a good getting revenge but in a funny way story. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! I love the sound of the Girl in the Wall and Louder than Words. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my IMM. The Girl in the Wall and Louder than Words both look really great. Especially the latter. Happy reading!

    Ayana @ My Book Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sounds of Tempestuous...I wondering bnow how it compares!

    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boohoo me i dont know ANY of these books =( *runs to Goodreads*

    ReplyDelete