11.11.2012

IMM [6]


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi from

Here's the stuff I got this week...


The following from Netgalley
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Expected publication: March 26, 2013
St. Martin's Griffin

[Goodreads] A broken-down camper hidden deep in a national forest is the only home fifteen-year-old Carey can remember. The trees keep guard over her threadbare existence, with the one bright spot being Carey's younger sister, Jenessa, who depends on Carey for her very survival. All they have is each other, as their mentally ill mother comes and goes with greater frequency. Until that one fateful day their mother disappears for good, and the girls are found by their father, a stranger, and taken to re-enter the "normal" life of school, clothes and boys. Now, Carey must come to terms with the truth of why their mother spirited them away ten years ago, while haunted by a past that won't let her go ... a dark past that hides many a secret, including the reason Jenessa hasn't spoken a word in over a year. Carey knows she must keep her sister close, and her secrets even closer, or risk watching her new life come crashing down.

 Sent by Sourcebooks for review

What a Mother Knows
Expected publication: May 1, 2013
Sourcebooks
[Goodreads] An unsettling, emotional and suspenseful novel of the unshakable bonds of motherhood, in which Michelle Mason not only loses her memory after a deadly car crash, but can't find her 16-year-old daughter, the one person who may know what happened that day. But the deeper Michelle digs, the more she questions the innocence of everyone, even herself. A dramatic portrayal of the fragile skin of memory, What a Mother Knows is about finding the truth that can set love free.







Free Kindle reads
Changing My Wardrobe by Deb Hanrahan
Published: May 26, 2011
Philyra Publishing
[Goodreads] Could you improve your social standing by simply changing your wardrobe? Would new shoes make you more popular? Would a new top get you the guy? Would cleaning out your closet make the mean girls go away? Lindsey certainly hopes so. Changing My Wardrobe is a tragic high school drama about starting over, fitting in, and discovering the truth about what really matters. It's a story about friendship, first love, and soul-crushing loss. It's a story about a person's choices, good and bad, and the unexpected and far-reaching consequences of those choices.
 
Finding Mia by Rachel K. Burke
Published: January 8, 2012
[Goodreads] Intelligent and fiercely independent, sixteen-year-old Mia Marchette has never had a childhood. After her father’s disappearance when she was six, she has alone borne the burden of her mother’s bipolar disorder.
When her mother is institutionalized after a failed suicide attempt, Mia is abruptly forced to live with the estranged father she has not known for ten years. She is shocked to discover that he has created a new, picture-perfect life for himself, and is now living with a stepmother and a half-sister Mia never knew she had. Together, Mia and her new family must face the bitterness, mistakes, and long-hidden secrets that threaten to destroy their precarious happiness.

 

Match Me [Me #1] by Liz Appeal
Published: August 26, 2012

[Goodreads] Bonnie Nichols wasn't the kind of girl to crash a wedding. Or throw things. But somehow, she ends up doing both...at her ex-boyfriend's wedding. Convinced that she will be single forever, an unanticipated complication causes Bonnie to take stock of her life and the people around her. Was she really ever in love with Chase Somers? Or was loving him simply the easy thing to do?

That's my haul...what's yours? Please share.

39 comments:

  1. Changing my Wardrobe looks cute! :)

    Here's my iMM:
    http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/11/imm-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. If You Find Me sounds really good and I really like the cover. It's kinda creepy. :) I hope you enjoy your books this week. :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of these books but they sound very good! Hope you enjoy reading them! Old follower. :)

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are new to me but they look really good. Thanks for sharing & happy reading :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't hear about any of these books before, but they sound interesting. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my IMM. :)

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I got in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM/StS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that first cover sure does seem intense. Happy reading, girl! :)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh I haven't heard of a single one of those!! I'll have to check them out. Happy Reading!!!

    ~Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! (: Thanks for stopping by IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! I've seen If You Find Me around a lot this week, looks intriguing! Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Changing My Wardrobe sounds really interesting and Match me sounds really cute! I think I'll have to check those out! Great haul and happy reading!
    Thanks for visiting Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are good. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my IMM. I am a new follower! Looks like you got some awesome books! Happy reading!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finding Mia sounds emotional. Hope you enjoy though.
    Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books this week. What A Mother Knows looks very interesting, will have to check that one out. Please come and stop by My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really digging all the books you got this week. Looks like a pretty good haul to me. Looking forward to seeing what you think about them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of any of these. I hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These all look great. Finding Mia sounds like a real tearjerker!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you Find Me sounds real intriguing!! I'll have to go check it out over at Netgalley.

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM & SP

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the favor. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  19. I got Finding Mia this week too so I'm hoping to read it before the month is over! I hope you enjoy everything and thanks for checking out my IMM ;)

     Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. All those books sounds interesting. Maybe have to pick a few of them up myself

    Sarah @ TheBookBunny

    ReplyDelete
  21. If You Find Me sounds amazing!! Like.. super intense. And pretty unique too. I haven't read any other book like that. I might have to snag that one off NetGalley too!

    Have an awesome week and thanks for stopping by Book Nook! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! sounds like a great read hope you enjoy it also.

      Delete