10.01.2014

WoW [91]

Waiting on Wednesday [WoW] is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

The Happy Hour Choir by Sally Kilpatrick
Expected Publication: April 28, 2015
Publisher: Kensington

Synopsis...
From debut author Sally Kilpatrick comes a hopeful tale of love and redemption in a quiet Southern town where a lost soul finds her way with the help of an unlikely circle of friends…

Life has dealt Beulah Land a tough hand to play, least of all being named after a hymn. A teenage pregnancy estranged her from her family, and a tragedy caused her to lose what little faith remained. The wayward daughter of a Baptist deacon, she spends her nights playing the piano at The Fountain, a honky-tonk located just across the road from County Line Methodist. But when she learns that a dear friend’s dying wish is for her to take over as the church’s piano player, she realizes it may be time to face the music…

Beulah butts heads with Luke Daniels, the new pastor at County Line, who is determined to cling to tradition even though he needs to attract more congregants to the aging church. But the choir also isn’t enthusiastic about Beulah’s contemporary take on the old songs and refuse to perform. Undaunted, Beulah assembles a ragtag group of patrons from The Fountain to form the Happy Hour Choir. And as the unexpected gig helps her let go of her painful past—and accept the love she didn’t think she deserved—she just may be able to prove to Luke that she can toe the line between sinner and saint.

Why I Can’t Wait…
I love me a good Southern read and this one seems to have all the elements! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy.

Feel free to link me to yours.

6 comments:

  1. That cover looks great! And yes, a good Southern is always awesome. Great pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read many Southern ones that often, but loved the ones I have.so far. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...third time's a charm, right? *fingers crossed that THIS comment shall appear correctly* Thank you so, so much for picking my book baby out of all the books out there to look forward to. I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it!

    ReplyDelete